Fire Oak Studio


What is pyrography?

Pyrography literally means writing with fire. It is also known as woodburning. There is a pretty good article about the history of pyrography here if you are interested in learning more.

Where can I buy your work?

I sell on at art and craft fairs. I also do commissions, please send me and email ( if you are interested. If you are interested in a more in depth look at my work and the ability to buy before I release to the public, consider becoming a patron.

Do you turn your own bowls?

My bowls are hand turned, just not by me.  Most are made in the USA and are turned while green, or wet, then dried using traditional old word methods. I have also done collaborations with local woodturners, such as Ken Gadway, The Adirondack Wood Turner

If you have any other questions you would like answered, please email me at

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: