I am available for commissions and custom work. My mediums are wood burning, watercolor, ink, and acrylic.
Time Frame: Depending on the size and complexity of the piece and whether I have the item in stock, commissions can take from two weeks to two months. An estimate will be provided at the time of the request.
Rights: Private commissions do not come with any reproduction rights. If you are interested in buying reproduction rights or licensing rights please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates: Prices will vary based on the complexity of the piece. Please see my Facebook page or my Artfire store for examples of my work and costs. I require a 50% deposit to start with the final amount due before shipment.
Information I need to start the commission
- An idea of what you want. Please try to be as specific as possible. For example, let me know if you want specific shapes, symbols or animals in your commissioned piece.
- The size you prefer.
- What medium. If you want woodburning, I will need to know what you want the design on (wood panel, bowl, spoon, etc).
- Your contact information and name.
- Contact me (email@example.com) with the information listed above. Once I have this information and accept the commission we will negotiate the final price and I will give a time estimate.
- Upon receiving the 50 percent advance payment, I will begin working on the design sketch. I will scan the sketch so you can provide me with feedback. I will edit the sketch up to four times (more edits will bring the final cost of the piece up).
- Once final sketch is approved, I will begin working on the final piece. Once I have finished, I will again photograph the piece for final approval. Changes at this stage are unlikely due to the nature of art, but I am willing to discuss options if the piece really isn’t what you are looking for.
- After the final approval, the final payment is due. When it is received, I will send the art.
Thank you for your interest in my art.
Here are some examples of past commissions –